Thursday, March 5, 2015

Days out of school

I've basically been out of school for most days this week. Last Friday I went to KKH, Mon and Tues I was on medical leave, and tomorrow I am going to the midwife again. I'm hoping I do not have the Strep B bacteria so that would be one less thing I need to worry about.


So I made use of the days at home to clean and pack the house (especially baby's room). I didn't buy a lot of stuff for baby and was unpacking and feeling really thankful for all the hand-me-downs and brand new stuff friends and colleagues have given to me.

I've been so emotional recently. I cried wondering if I will be a good mother. I was literally sobbing. I told hubby sometimes I feel like we are still kids and now we gonna have a kid of our own. I was at kiddy palace yesterday and looking at all the baby stuff made me feel so blessed that I have a son.

More people have commented on my huge oily, red nose!!! I'm not upset at them but I wish it wasn't that prominent! Its like the first thing people see when they look at me!!! In fact I think my face look kinda different.


But besides that I really do not have any uncomfortable symptoms at the 37th week (Yes I am officially full-term this Sunday!). It's been really a breeze. No aches even though I still do housework (laundry, vacuuming, dusting). Cramps are very minimal. Its just my NOSE, UNDERARMS, WEAK/ACHY FINGER JOINTS, FEELING WARM, STRETCH MARKS.

Some people commented "You are so fit/strong." Actually I wonder does a person's fitness level have anything to do with how their body handle pregnancy? Because I know I'm not the fittest person around. Not exercising regularly since 10 years ago and food choices not as healthy as before. 

One example, I just had laksa, and I finished the gravy. Who eats laksa on a hot hot day in a non air conditioned place, on top of increasing body heat in late pregnancy?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment