Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mood swings kicking in

Very tired.

Washed quite a bit of baby's clothes yesterday. My colleague gave me her laundry detergent, super grateful for that. It smells really nice! We bought additional clothes drying rack exclusively for Zac's use because sure no space... How to when there are already 4 of us living in the house. I'm quite horrible. I realized I only bought 4 baby vests (they were paid by my father-in-law during our taiwan trip and it was just a random purchase), 7 pairs of mittens, 9 pair of booties, 4 swaddle blankets... oops

I have more to wash later.

If not for my church friend who gave a whole lot of clothes I think my baby got nothing to wear. Haha. Not sure why I just don't have the desire to go shopping for baby stuff. I am not a person who enjoys shopping anyway but I thought I would be different when it comes to baby.

Our designer friend came to paint the room and added nice cloud and balloon stickers on the walls. I told him I wanted something along the lines of 'Up'.

Need to fix the stroller and wait for cot to arrive.

Today is my second last day at work. My colleague is on medical leave, will be taking over her class. Kind of looking forward to it. Going back to my mum's place for dinner later. Can't wait to knock off. I reached school just on time, had my breakfast, check my email, read articles and just took a nap. Yes that was how tired I was. All the commotion last night, many times I wished my house really belong just to me and hubby alone.

Don't get me wrong, my FIL and BIL are ok people. But when people with different living habits and expectations come together, friction is inevitable. Getting used to your spouse is already a huge challenge, and yet I need to get use to 2 others. I just feel it is so unfair for me. I finally understand why couples are encouraged to stay apart from parents. They need to set up their own family rules and structure but I feel even that is taken away from me. If I demand them to do things a certain way, that would be uncomfortable for them as well right?

I'm not even someone who is particular about household stuffs, I never had to lift a finger to do housework when I was single and now I am doing housework my whole pregnancy. The house would be less messy and dirty if it was just the 2 of us. I wished people would try to help. I wonder if I had problems with housework would anybody even take the initiative to clean the house for me?

Enough ranting, we will work this out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment