Friday, February 27, 2015

Entering 37 weeks

Went to the midwife today for strep B test. Just a swab below, simple and straightforward. Nothing much to report as usual. Hopefully I do not have the bacteria so I don't need to be administered antibiotics during labour.

Was more curious to find out how much weight I gained. From last month, I only gained additional 1.5kg. Not too bad. A total of 11.5kg weight gain so far. Started at 53kg and weigh 64.5kg now. 

Baby's head is still down but not engaged yet. Will be going back for the next appointment in a week's time. I asked the midwife if I will be seeing doc or doing anymore scan, she said no unless I have not delivered by 39 weeks. Well I guess if baby's fine and I am well, there's no need for it. That's how the subsidized system works.

Let's see if the subsidized scheme really is much cheaper than going private. If not, the next time I might as well choose private.

Feeling a little depressed when I see myself in the mirror. Seems like more stretch marks appearing. Not on my belly but my upper thighs and possibly under my boobs and on my lower back just above my butt. Oh did I mention I already have very old stretch marks (already white) on my butt due to puberty? My consolation: they are hidden as long as I am clothed. I think when they fade to white I will feel much better as fresh marks are like purple/red.

They say gaining weight gradually and applying lotion helps but I still couldn't prevent it so, I guess I am genetically predisposed to it. Some people who are much bigger dun get them at all, so it's not about your size.

My underarms look very dark and dirty but people say it will go away so I'm not so concerned about that.

Knowing how vain I am, this the sacrifice I made to have baby Zac. No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment