Sunday, March 8, 2015

Officially full-term

Here I am at 5am, wide awake in bed. Oh Zac is starting to move again <3 it's really any time from now. Want to thank God for His promise, that this baby will indeed be carried to full-term. That's what He assured me when I often have fears of losing baby.

An update on the midwife visit on Friday, I tested negative for the Strep B test!! Woohoo one thing off my mind, another small step towards a smooth delivery. Baby's head still not engaged yet. In just one week I gained another 1kg - total weight gain: 12.5kg

Been reading up on cord blood banking and we decided to donate it to the Singapore Cord Blood Bank. My takeaway is that if baby has any kind of illness later in life, his own cord blood might not be suitable as it already contains the defective cells? No point banking it for private use, might as well donate it for someone else to benefit from it. See baby, you are saving lives the moment you are born and I'm so proud of you!

After midwife appointment and signing forms for cord blood donation I went for a short session on breastfeeding. Previously I attended Mrs Wong Boh Boi's antenatal class and it covered this topic. However I felt I needed a refresher and I'm glad I went for it! 

Hubby had already gone for his meeting after seeing the midwife together with me. After the session I had a sudden thought to go take a look at the nursery. Felt a little emo when I saw those babies...

I was in need of a mani/pedi so I went back to Northpoint. Removed my CNY gelish (not bad it lasted me for a good 2 weeks plus). Also did a classic pedicure, needed to get rid of the dead skin and trim my toe nails as well. It's getting uncomfortable to do it on my own. I might go back again before I give birth. The lady serving me was not bad! The price was reasonable as well at $35, I could do this more often :D

Hot pink on my toes! Can't stop admiring them though my feet is not the prettiest part of me. I always find that they look dark and dirty :S Slight swelling as you can see. I refer to them as sausage toes haha!

Had dinner, went home and waited for CG members to arrive. 

Been craving for Teh O... 

Discovered something funny when I saw myself walking towards the mirror. The bear on my nightie looks 3D due to my belly haha!! And when I walk it looks animated like the bear is tilting its head left and right!!! I showed hubby and he found it so cute!! Haha the position is perfect!

It's 6am now on a Sunday morning! It's my last week at work before I go on leave. I will have about 2 weeks of rest and preparation if baby arrives around EDD. Next appt with midwife will be on Friday again. So just another 4 more days of work.

Ok I should try to get back to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment