Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day

We never celebrated Valentine's Day, but I planned for something special on that day only to realize it was the 14th of February. It was also 9 years and 10 months since we got together, time flies!

A month ago, I booked and paid for the deposit of a maternity photoshoot! I was inspired by Fann Wong's Marie France Ad and thought I would like to leave a beautiful memory for myself and Zac Zac. Didn't want to wait for the next time as I am not sure if I will still look as good for subsequent pregnancies.

After doing some research, I decided to take up the package from a certain photography studio as I feel the price is reasonable, with makeup and hairstyling services included. I looked through their portfolio and find their style quite classy:

PACKAGE TERMS AND FEATURE - $358
› female photographer
› 1 hour studio photography session
› 3 outfit changes
› makeup and hair-styling for expectant mothers
› husbands have the option to join in
› 1 x A4 print with frame
› 5 x 5R prints
› 10 soft copy

I actually shortlisted another studio but found their package too expensive (above $500) - no makeup/hairstyling, not sure about outfits as they seems to only have sashes and very see through fabrics. Only 1 big print without frame and 10 soft copies. (the one above have 5 smaller prints.) But their portfolio looks really good.

So this was me before the photoshoot, sans makeup...


After makeup! I love the hair the makeup artist did for me. I want to perm my hair, not sure if it will turn out well? She also applied eyelid tape so that my eyelids will look more pronounced. The problem wth my eyelids are that they will appear hidden when I smile in photos. My eyes will also look much much smaller. Usually I tell the MUA not to apply them but not sure why this time I just left them on.

There were not many photos which were to our liking, a little disappointing actually. I expected more for the price we paid. But I'm generally still happy with the photos selected. The photographer made the shooting experience a pleasant one. I must say I enjoyed the shoot.

We were informed we should be getting the photos about 1 week after CNY. After we left the studio, we bumped into our church friend. She had hers done at another studio, for the price of $100 and got back all her soft copies!! Good price she paid and the photos were still decent. But of course she did not have other additional services. I guess it really depends on what you want.

Can't wait to share the photos here! Looking forward to CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment