Monday, March 23, 2015

Mourning of a nation

My appetite has gone down, not much craving, deciding what to eat has become a chore. I get full easily.

Can feel baby's every micro movement cause it is too cramped for him inside haha.

I will be seeing the doctor on Thursday instead of the midwife if baby haven't arrive by then. The midwife is surprised that I have no cramp/contractions etc. Says baby is too comfortable inside! My back has started to feel uncomfortable some times.

Today is officially the start of my manternity leave. The whole of Singapore woke up to a piece of sad news: Our founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, passed away peacefully at 3.18am.

It was 7.20am when I received the info. I turned to hubby who was still sleeping beside me and woke him up. But he was still in a daze. I cried silently. All I hope was that he eventually know who God is. I sat in front of the TV waiting for our Prime Minister's live address. My heart aches for him as he had to address the nation even though his own father had just passed on.

This week will be a mourning period for our nation, until 29th March. Baby, maybe you can wait till 30th March to arrive, like what I've always told you. I think you can sense mummy is sad. That's why you are not as active this whole time. 

Rest well, Sir. Singapore will continue to build on your legacy. We are forever indebted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment